I LOVE DURIAN. If you’ve been following my instagram, you would know that I love durian. If you know me personally, you would know that I love durian. We have one durian tree in our house and whenever a durian falls, it’s like Christmas in our house. I mean, who doesn’t rejoice when there is delicious free durian?
Last year I went to Davao City to eat durian. It was my first time visiting and the durian did not disappoint. This year I arranged a the Madayaw Fruit Fest in Davao with my awesome friends because I wanted to share with other people how delicious durian is. We went to some farms and feasted on unlimited durian and drank freshly picked coconuts. It was a glorious time! But after the 3rd time I went to a Durian farm and after a month of non-stop durian, I was all durian-ed out. I still am. I didn’t think it was possible but it happened.
Before I had too much durian though, I was experimenting on how else to eat it. One day I thought it would be awesome to make Durian Curry. Another day I made Durian Cheese, another day was a day for a Durian and Dill dip. I only wrote down the recipes of the first two, so I’ll just share those today.
Durian Curry Dip
- 1 Cup Durian Flesh (Remove the seeds)
- 3 Tbs Water
- 1/2 Tbs Liquid Aminos/Coconut Aminos
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Small Bell Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 2-3 tsp Ginger
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt (Depending on preference)
- Freshly Squeezed Calamansi Juice to taste
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Spring Onion
- 3 Small Red Bell Pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the Vitamix Blender or any blender you have, and blend until smooth.
- Add in the chopped spring onion and red bell pepper, and fold into the dip.
- Choose veggies to dip, or spread on bread, use as a dip for nachos, or spread in a sandwich.
Durian Cheese Sauce
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Durian Flesh
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbs Water
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 Tbs Calamansi
- Place all the ingredients into the Vitamix Blender or any blender you have and blend until smooth.
- Spread wherever your heart desires.
I spread it on a raw Pizza crust and topped it with lots of chopped veggies, and it was Raw Vegan heaven! You can also top it on some cucumber noodles or just dip some veggies in it. The possibilities are endless and it mostly depends on what you’re craving.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Peace and Love,