I don’t think I’ve met anyone that doesn’t like pancakes. So far in my 25 years of existence, I’ve only met people that like pancakes. Probably because pancakes are delicious. They’re a great breakfast food! But conventional pancakes have eggs, dairy, or butter, which isn’t exactly healthy. So I made a delicious sweet potato pancake that is actually filling and healthy. It only has 6 ingredients too! The simpler a food is, the better in my opinion. This is also an oil-free version so it’s very low in fat, high in carbs and fiber. They might not be the regular fluffy pancake, but these are packed with nutrients.
Make this for breakfast, or a delicious snack! Best served in the company of friends or family. Food tastes better shared!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cup Mashed or Blended Sweet Potato
- 3-4 Tbs Coconut Sugar (Or sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/4 Nut Milk of choice
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda together in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix together the sweet potato, coconut sugar, and nut milk together (you can use a blender if you’re lazy like me)
- Mix both the dry mix and the wet mix until fully incorporated, best to use a spatula or wooden spoon to avoid over mixing.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and cook the pancakes on medium high. Wait for bubbles before flipping the pancakes. (If you don’t have a non-stick pan, just use a regular pan and put some coconut oil or vegan butter on the pan to prevent sticking)
- Serve with your choice of fruits, vegan syrup like rice syrup, coconut syrup, agave nectar, etc. You can also top it with vegan butter, nuts, seeds, etc. The possibilities are endless!
I hope you get to try this out and let me know how you like it!
Peace and love,