I’m sure everyone loves pancakes. It’s such a great and comforting breakfast, really. But normally it’s not exactly the healthiest breakfast option. It’s made with processed flour, eggs, milk, and sugar and lacks the fiber that our body needs. Ever since going vegan though, I’ve learned to make healthy pancakes that can be eaten during breakfast which is high in fiber.
Of course you can also make this extra nutritious with some green powders like spirulina, moringa, barley, or even some maca powder. If you’d like to make protein pancakes, simply add some vegan protein powders like hemp, pea, or rice protein powders.
Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
Makes 6 medium pancakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 medium bananas
- Place the oats in a blender (I use my Vitamix I bought from Vitamix Philippines) and blend into oat flour.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat a pan on low, add some vegan butter if not non-stick.
- Place some of the batter onto the pan and cook until brown, flip and cook until both sides are brown.
- Repeat until you cook all of the batter.
- Serve with chopped fruit, seeds, nuts, vegan ice cream, maple syrup, coconut nectar or any toppings of your choice.
- Share and enjoy!
This is the perfect thing to make for the family on the weekends, and enjoy a deliciously healthy breakfast with everyone.
Hope you guys like it! If you make these, let me know how it goes! maybe even post a photo and tag me or #THPnourish
Peace and Love,