Do you love apple pie like I do? I used to looooove apple pie ala mode! Of course the apple pie isn’t complete without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. But those days are so gone! I don’t even crave it or miss it! This magical thing happens when you stop putting foods high in refined sugar and processed stuff into your body, it just stop wanting it. I mean, it still looks good, but I’m just like, nah, I’d rather have something else! Hard to believe, but it’s true. The less of it your body remembers, the better! So if you think it’s impossible to beat a sugar addiction or a junk food obsession, think again because it’s possible, you just have to be dedicated to it.
So what do I do if I want something as delicious tasting a something I used to love? I get into the kitchen and have some fun! This time I wanted to make an Apple pie in a jar, to go, smoothie style. I mean, there are also raw apple crumbles and pies, but I have no way of getting dried mulberries here and I’m not actually craving it, so I thought I would just make an apple pie smoothie, possibly made into a float.
So let’s get to it!
What you’ll need:
Measuring spoons (optional)
100g dates (make sure there are absolutely no seeds)
1 Apples- I like Fuji or the amazing Envy Apples from New Zealand
Nutmeg- just a pinch! (optional)
Frozen Bananas (optional)
Water/Coconut Water (fresh is best!)
1. Soak the dates in 400mL water for an hour.
2. Peel and chop apples, removing the core and seeds.
3. Place dates, water, apples, cinnamon and nutmeg in blender and blend until smooth. **Add Cinnamon and nutmeg depending your preferred taste. Remember, a little goes a looong way! Cinnamon is pretty strong, so take it easy if you’re not used to it.**
4. Sift and pour into jar or Glasses
5. Make banana ice cream using frozen bananas- freeze bananas, blend, freeze again for super awesome ice cream consistency. or just top it on your smoothie right away.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe will fill up a quart sized mason jar.