It’s a day before Valentine’s here, and I know a lot of people make a big deal about this day. I’ve never been one to think that we should only have one day in the year to celebrate something, why not just do it every day? I mean, Valentine’s day is such a commercial “holiday” with the flowers and chocolates. Not to totally bash Valentine’s though because I just don’t want to do that. I want to spread some love you guys! Although I can’t personally make one of these for everyone, I can sure share the recipe! Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be unhealthy and high in refined sugar and fats, it can be delicious and good for you at the same time!
I decided to make a chocolate banana parfait the other day, but then as I was eating strawberries last night, I thought why not share a super healthy dessert for Valentine’s day? You can have this any other day too, have it every day if you want!
I shared this with one of my closest friends in the world and her absolutely adorable baby, and even little Mowan enjoyed the Banana Ice Cream! It really is one of the best things ever, that’s how I thought when I found out about it last year.
Raw Choco Strawberry Banana Sunday
What you’ll need:
Measuring cups and spoons
Container (I used a jar)
1/3 cup water
1 1/2-2 tsp carob/cacao/cocoa (not raw but for those who don’t have the first two, this will work great as well)
4 small Bananas
Handful of Strawberries
Banana Ice Cream:
3 small frozen bananas (more if you like)
1. Slice bananas and strawberries.
2. Place water, dates, and carob/cacao/cocoa in a blender and blend until our have a paste. You can pre-soak the dates with the water for a super smooth paste.
3. Alternately layer sliced fruit and choco paste.
4. Place in freezer.
5. Place frozen bananas in a blender and blend until you have an Ice Cream texture.
6. Place on top of parfait or place the banana ice cream in the freezer again for a bout an hour or two to get a really good ice cream consistency.
7. Top of with some more paste, and some fruit.
8. Share and enjoy!
Enjoy Valentine’s day, for all those that do celebrate, but either way, you should definitely make this! Life is too short not to have this super yummy raw dessert! If you try it, tell me how it goes! I’m always looking for feedback and suggestions!